Saturday, June 25, 2016

Free Ranging...?

While my goal is to have free ranging chickens, the reality is I've been worried.  I'm worried that something will swoop in and steal them, they won't know to return to their coop, etc.  Yesterday I put up a VERY quick temporary fence, outside their run.  They can fly out, if they're determined enough and something could surely get them.  But it went well, so today I let them out in it in the morning.  So far, so good!  Here are a few pictures of them, checking everything out. :-)

Make-shift fencing




Katniss has the prettiest downy feathers!

Bellatrix, so dark and pretty!

Clove, checking out the cat.

Katniss and her fuzzy cheeks. :-)


Glo on the left and Bellatrix on the right

Glo on the left (again) and SusieQ on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment