Monday, June 20, 2016

Chicken Coop, Fail #1

Well, I started to make some progress on my chicken coop today, and now I get to take it back apart!

I used some of the 2x4s we had already, which were rough cut, for 3 of the floor joists.  Then I cut 2 of the 2x4s I just bought, which are dressed.  I thought, "That's okay.  I can use the 3 slightly thicker ones for each end joist and the one in the middle."  Well, I had all of them screwed in the one face plate.  Then I thought, "Better make sure this fits in the cement deck blocks."  And, as my luck would have it, they don't.  So now I have to use swap out 2 of the rough ones to where the dressed ones are, and vice versa.  "Not a problem" I say to myself.  Except I can't get two of the screws back out of the face plate.  "Now it's a problem" I admitted to myself.  The screws my son bought me don't have the threads on the first inch.  So now I'm at a standstill until I can get them out of the face plate to screw the corrects joists where they belong.  Off to YouTube to see how to get them out. lol  I'm just thankful I didn't have the entire frame finished and THEN discovered it wouldn't work.  I hope to at least have the floor frame done before dark!






No comments:

Post a Comment